A project against violence in the network
The main problem that will be addressed by the project is the lack of knowledge and awareness on cyberbullying. For young people, the problem is the lack of awareness of Internet threats, lack of expertise, and how to respond to cyberbullying. Among young workers and teachers, the problem is the lack of tools and methodologies to work on this issue, education and prevention. Among the parents there is a lack of awareness of the problem and the inability to recognize the first signs that indicate being subject to cyberbullying.
The project is aimed at:
- Young people – the main group of our activities. Young people are more vulnerable to being victims of cyberbullying, for their sensitivity and inexperience in social life
- Teachers, youth workers – their role is to educate and prevent this negative phenomenon and need new tools to know how to intervene
- Parents – if children are bullied, they should be the first to recognize the symptoms but often lack basic knowledge on the subject.
The main objectives of the project:
- Improve the quality and relevance of education through the development of new and innovative approaches (new scenario workshops for young people, theme comics, competitions, interactive games, assessment of effectiveness and implementation and support for dissemination of results)
- Development of a program to prevent cyberbullying, creation and delivery of manuals and other resources for teachers,
- Increasing the awareness of the dangers of the web, the mental and emotional aspects of cyberbullying,
- The introduction, development and promotion of innovative methods and tools in the field of education to support schools and teachers interested in participating in our program,
- Promote cross-border cooperation in education and prevention through mutual learning from partners.
The project will be implemented by 4 organizations in 4 countries and it has a transnational character, because the Internet has no boundaries is cyberbullism an international problem and needs to be resolved internationally.
The project manager is the Institute for New Technologies (Poland). The partners are:
Crystal Clear Soft (Greece)
DIRECT Association (Romania)
CSP – ICT Innovation in S.C.A.R.L. (Italy).
CyberViolence Project No. 2016-3-PL01-KA205-035361 is implemented under the Erasmus program of the European Union (Action 2 Innovation Cooperation and Exchange of Good Practices, Strategic Partnerships).
The duration of the project is 24 months, during the period from April 2017 to March 2019 year.